Friday, June 15, 2007

Photographer's Corner

I love photography of all kinds: artistic, portrait, fashion, ...you name it. And I've been so fortunate to have worked with several uniquely talented photographers. A web presence is important for anyone doing business, especially photographers. I think it is important to give each photographer their own look and style while showcasing the most important element: their work! That is the idea behind this blog; I want to showcase three incredible photographers that I work with on a regular basis.

The first of which is an amazing woman I met just this year, Rachel Hanel. I found Rachel on myspace and became instantly spellbound by her work. She not only takes amazing photos of beautiful models but she also has this artistic vision that spills over into her self portraits as well. She knows how to takes risks with her work and create an innovative and original vibe that captivates anyone that views her photos. I have had the pleasure of being photographed by Rachel (she took the photo you see on this blog and on my myspace page) as well as, most recently, helping to develop her new website. I created flash-based galleries to exhibit her work.

Admire Rachel's work here : www.rhanelphotography.com


Seattle-based photographer, April Greer and I have been working together for a couple of years now. April is a self-taught photographer that has recently found a niche with weddings. She has a truly authentic journalistic style that not only captures the moments of the day but the emotion felt as well. Every time I do a website update for April, I am enamored by the way in which every collection of photos has its own story to tell. From a graphic design perspective, April is my case study on collaboration. We have journeyed through perfecting and fine tuning her logo, website and printed collateral. The journey itself is an interesting visual compilation of her evolving talent.

Check out April's work: www.aprilgreer.com

The last, but certainly not least, exceptionally talented photographer that I'd like to feature in this piece is Juana Ryan from StellaLily Studio 1 here in Chicago. Juana is a portrait photographer whose style is unlike any other. She has a clever way of capturing each subject in a new and different light, whether she is working with a family, a business professional or a baby. Each photo creates a timeless record of the moment. I met Juana almost 3 years ago when I was searching for a distinctly different photographer to take pictures of my children. She has literally taken hundreds of photos of my family, my pregnancy, my children and more. Her photos decorate almost every wall of my house. With each shoot she brings her own authentic style and eye for preserving that moment in time.

Visit StellaLily Studio 1 online: www.stellalily.com

To conclude, I'd like to extend an offer to all photographers in need of a web site, a logo, any kind of marketing collateral ... Mention this blog and receive a 20% discount on your project.

2 comments:

Justine Ungaro said...

I am jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

Shawnna! you are the best! Thanks for saying nice stuff about me :) I should do a blog on my favorite graphic designers! (YOU!)